I am a Data Science Ph.D. student at Worcester Polytechnic Institute working with Dr. Elke Rundensteiner, Dr. Xiangnan Kong, and Cansu Sen in the Data Science Research Group. I focus on Conditional Computing in Recurrent Neural Networks and Reinforcement Learning. I am eventually aiming for a faculty position.
Please feel free to contact me with questions regarding my research or Data Science at WPI at email@example.com.
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Long sequence modeling
- Sensor fusion and irregular sampling rates
- Time Series Classification
- Ph.D. Data Science, est. 2021, Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- B.A. Applied Mathematics, Minor in BioMathematics, 2016, SUNY Geneseo.
I am currently interested in learning patterns in time series as early as possible.
In many domains, the evaluation of a predictive model should not only be accuracy, but a trade-off between accuracy and earliness.
In general I am interested in modeling very long sequences and sensor fusion through Recurrent Neural Networks.
While so far my work has been evaluated in the clinical domain, I am far more interested in the theory behind these techniques, and these problems are present in many domains.
- April 30, 2018: AWARD - I was awarded the WPI Data Science Citizen Award for involvement and participation in the growth of the department.
- April 30, 2018 - Completed course: Deep Learning.
- April 24, 2018: PRESENTATION - Poster presentation at the WPI Graduate Research and Innovation Exchange. We had three posters at this event, one of which won the People’s Choice Award.
- January 19, 2018: PRESENTATION - I presented our paper “Early Prediction of MRSA Infections Using Electronic Health Records” at HEALTHINF 2018 in Madeira, Funchal.
- December 14, 2017 - Completed courses: Big Data Management and Business Intelligence.
- December 12, 2017: AWARD - Our paper, “Early Prediction of MRSA Infections Using Electronic Health Records”, was nominated for the HEALTHINF 2018 best student paper award.
- October 16, 2017: PAPER - Our paper, “Early Prediction of MRSA Infections Using Electronic Health Records”, was accepted to HEALTHINF 2018 as a full paper.
- August 19, 2017: Conference - Attended Machine Learning for Healthcare (MLHC) 2017.
- June 23, 2017: PAPER - Our paper, “CREST - Risk Prediction for Clostridium Difficile Infection Using Multimodal Data Mining”, was accepted to ECML-PKDD 2017 as a full paper.
- May 2, 2017: AWARD - I was awarded the WPI Data Science Citizen Award for involvement and participation in the growth of the department.
- May 2, 2017 - Completed courses: Statistical Methods for Data Science and Database Management Systems.
- February 8, 2017: AWARD - Poster presentation with Cansu Sen at the WPI Graduate Research and Innovation Exchange, received the People’s Choice award.
- December 14, 2016 - Completed courses: Introduction to Data Science and Data Mining.
- August 25, 2016 - Began Ph.D. at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Massachusetts.