Hi! I’m a Ph.D. candidate at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in the DAISY Lab advised by Elke Rundensteiner and Xiangnan Kong in the Data Science program, a part of the Computer Science department. I am developing deep learning and reinforcement learning methods for time series data mining/machine learning and am interested in applications in healthcare and sustainability. I have published several papers at top data mining and machine learning conferences and have been fortunate to collaborate with some wonderful people on a wide variety of topics including NLP and explainability.
My CV can be found here.
- July 17, 2020: New first-author CIKM paper on Conditional Computation in RNNs.
- June 04, 2020: Talk at FSU on Early Classification.
- May 15, 2020: New first-author KDD paper on Early Multi-label Classification.
- April 04, 2020: New ACL paper on the interpretability of attention mechanisms for text classification.
- Feb 26, 2020: New HEALTHINF paper on interpretable machine learning for C. Diff. detection. Won best poster.
- Nov 19, 2019: Talk at WPI Colloquium on Conditional Computation in RNNs.
- Oct 16, 2019: Two new papers at IEEE BigData on hierarchical RNNs for classifying series of clinical notes and trainable decay in attention mechanisms for clinical notes.
- Sep 16, 2019: Talk at University of Minnesota on Early Classification.
- May 10, 2019: Talk at Northeastern University's New England Machine Learning day poster session.
- April 29, 2019: New first-author KDD paper on Early Classification.
- Time series modelling
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Early Classification
- Healthcare applications
I am generally interested in sequential representation learning, or building vector representations that capture relevant temporal dynamics in sequential data such as time series or text. So far, I have studied and published on early classification, clinical note classification, attention mechanisms for RNNs, meta word embeddings, interpretable machine learning, and irregularly-sampled time series. Much of my work involves Recurrent Neural Networks and Reinforcement Learning. On my Publications page I describe some of my representative research in more detail. I am also interested in applications to problems of human health and sustainability (particularly conservation biology).
Please feel free to contact me with questions regarding my research or our program at WPI. I am always looking to chat about research!